Monday, August 25, 2008

adventures in babysitting


I was thinking about all the random, crazy things that happened to me while babysitting through the years.
-waking up from a nap on the couch to see the 2 year old, that I thought was sleeping, with poopy hands inches from my face.
-getting locked out of the house, with the kids, that I was babysitting at for the first time.
-making mac and cheese without measuring cups and making it too wet, and the kids were not happy.
- misunderstanding the lady I was sitting for and made the kids a sandwich with rancid meat.
- having to wait, scared, in a dark mansion for the parents to be home because the kids were in bed and I didn't want to go through the many rooms turning on lights, that is how horror movies start!
-playing hide and go seek (during the day) in the same mansion with secret doors and two basements (one was a ballroom)
- being nervous about meeting a new family I was going to babysit, then realizing that is was the drummer from the Counting Crows, and his wife a supermodel! ( I was so nervous to meet that family... You know I had to wear something cool!)
Anyway, that is all I can think of right now...

5 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

How funny! I think my craziest babysitting moment was having the parents tell me their oldest daughter was trustworthy and would tell me all the house rules, then getting in trouble when they found out we ate pizza in the living room for dinner. Their "trustworthy" daughter lied, but I got the blame. Hmmm.

Jamie said...

I remember babysitting two girls. And the littler one probably 6. She through a fit and packed her bags to leave. I had to grab her as she was going out the front door. I told her to go to her room and while in her room she began throwing shoes at me from her closet. Then she told her parents that I had boys over and was swimming in the pool really late at night with them, which I didn't, but I was the one that got in trouble not her. Crazy people.

Erica said...

You babysat for the Crows drummer. That is totally cool. I would have paid to see what you wore.

Leah said...

Wow, your adventures are some of the best I've ever heard

Emily Branca said...

Ooooh, I love the new blog layout!! I would love the company one of these days. Let me know when you are free, and maybe you and the little guy could come by! Thanks Bethany.