Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!



My amazing sister, Rachel, thought up this idea for a Christmas card. So silly! Josiah has a drawn on mustache and beard. He has the cutest smile on!

Tomorrow we start our journey to Sydney, Australia for 11 months. We have been preparing, it seems like, for at least a year! Downsizing, selling most of our stuff and simplifying. I love it! Seriously, I do... But I had to refocus when I saw Patrick had packed half as much as I did. Whoops! I repacked.
Trusting in God's provisions for us is what I am needing to focus on. I love the fact that we are going where we don't know anyone and don't have anything planned about where to live or what to eat, or what to wear. We can trust that God has it all under control, and is preparing things for us there! Amazing that He cares for us and the details.

Right now we are last minute scrambling to pack or store or sell everything else. We have almost sold our car, if that can happen before we leave it would be a great relief. We need the money for a down payment on a living place.

Please visit our blog for more about our trip to Sydney.
http://www.thehardyblog.com/

3 comments:

Emily Branca said...

i love the Christmas card!
Praying for you guys. We'll miss you!!!!

Phyllis B said...

Great Christmas card, and Merry Christmas to you all! What is Rachel doing out West, she should be writing for SNL!!! Have a wonderful trip to Australia and I will be praying for God's provisions for you as well.

Sarah said...

hey! love what you guys are doing..while's its amazing to being new chapters and go where the Lord leads its not always easy!:) Will be thinking of you guys..and SO JEALOUS you are in summer right now.