Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

For me this weekend is always busy, my family always goes to family camp with the church I grew up in. They all cogregate in the Santa Cruz mountians. I guess there were over 300 people there this year! Some people had to stay in tents! Weird.
But Patrick and I have started our own tradition of going down to Spirit West Coast, Del Mar every year to help out with a band we know. We have done this three years now and this year I could see that things were different in a good way.

1. three years ago the Myriad had big, blue, banged up bins for their merch, last year they did a little better and brought rubbermade drawers that were also banged up, This year they brought these nice drawers that looked like they were meant to be brought on the road and airplanes. The drawers slide out so smooth!

2. Every year it feels more like an extended family.

3. this year we brought Josiah! Everyone wants to see him, man its really madness! "beautiful blue eyes!", " can I hold him?" one person asked if he was a girl or boy! (He was wearing green, blue and red!)
But Josiah really helped Patrick get some good connections just by being his cute self!
Patrick and I both got some great Ephriam shirts.... we watched August Rush, Once, and Lars and the real girl. We didn't really like August Rush, but the other two we really enjoyed! I think I know all the songs in Once. (I just watched it last night!)
Oh! a big thing I'm proud about is that I watched an episode of Top Chef and saw a dish and thought I'd try it. It turned out great! There was even calls for an encore! Woo hoo!
I'll give you the recipe so you can impress your friends and enjoy!

1 box of rice pilaf (follow directions on the box)
1/2 bag of baby mixed greens
2 1/2 chicken breasts sauteed with some seasoning
1 bottle of creamy italian dressing

put bed of greens on plate
then rice
then chicken
drizzle the dressing over
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

Okay, how sad that I totally know what episode of Top Chef that recipe was from, and that Antonia made it. I watch way too much tv. But good for you for trying it! You're so brave. Marty and I always watch that show eating our mac n' cheese, wishing we were as gourmet as the chefs are!

Katrina said...

Hey Bethany, I just came across your blog from another one, and I think we may have been on the same dorm floor (or same dorm) my freshman year at Simpson? I was in Cooper, 2nd floor, that would have been 2001-2002. (I was also there 2003-2005) Anyways, just wanted to say hi!
Katrina (Kirby) Welch