Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter!



So, we got this cookie bouquet in the mail from Grammy Pammy, Josiah laughed so much at the colors and crinkilee plastic wrap. So much fun seeing him so happy, and able to express his emotions. Its exciting to see him growing!

I also have a couple of stories to share.
Today my mom, dad, Josiah, and two sisters went up to Whiskeytown falls today. It was such a perfect day and a great hike! The area is so beautiful right now and my mom and dad are in way better shape than me! My mom hiked the whole way with Josiah in the baby bjorn, and he is 15 pounds or so! Go mom!
On the trail we met a 7 year old boy with autism, hiking with his dad and dog. He was so affectionate and friendly, he went up and hugged my mom and asked how we were. I was so blown away, because I really don't know much about autism, but I've heard way too many sad stories and not enough hopeful ones.
So, here is a very hopeful one!
------------------------------------
The other story is one of those "only in Redding" ones, like Dan has on his blog.

I was in a grocery store and there was a woman walking around shopping with a younger girl while nursing her baby. I mean it seems like a good idea, kill two birds with one stone, but I could see her midriff and it seemed a little weird to me.

3 comments:

thelains said...

PATRICK GOT A HAIR CUT!!!!

thelains said...

So, I'm sitting here in my PJ's drinking tea and reading friend's blogs on google reader, my new favorite thing! Instead of reading the news in the newspaper every day(BORING!) I get to read news about my favorite friends!!! The pictures are much better too. Thank you for blogging! I love to hear about your happenings so I can be praying for you! May you be so blessed!
-Krista Lain
PS I love the array of colors and Josiah's enthusiasm! You all look so happy :)

Unknown said...

Bethany- interesting that you mentioned the autistic boy. My best friend has a little boy who is autistic and is starting a unique program to help him develop. If you have time, you should check out her blog:

eagleton4.blogspot.com

Autism has been a huge thing on my brain lately as I have been trying to help her start up her program and do fundraisers.

On a lighter note- Josiah looked adorable in easter attire. What a blessing our children are, aren't they?